This is a first approach to the issue of Adsense Income estimation. Most webmasters create sites with the intent of earning money from ads, and usually their expectations are overrated.
We designed a calculator based in several factors known to influence AdSense revenue:
– extension of project (the more content, the more chance to earn from ads)
– language (English paying triple than Spanish, for instance)
– subject (cars earn more than bikes)
– Clic-thru rate (CTR). A measure of how attractive are ads for users. Hard to master, but critical for success. There is a whole discipline called “adsense optimization” that addresses Adsense revenue at the time of writing and designing websites.
– Ad density (there is an optimal ad density, and it is dangerous to drift away from it)
– SEO (the site needs to rank top in Google, otherwise it will not earn money)
– age of project (ranking improves with time, provided we do not do anything punishable)